Thursday, November 16, 2006

Movin' right along

It is so hard to believe that 8 months is just around the corner! Life is so busy and this pregnancy is just flying by. Just had our 31 week checkup - baby and I are both doing fine. I had my first flu shot yesterday (Jon got one too) I was really hesitant because I am just not convinced that they are good for you. But it is the only way to protect the baby in the event that the flu bug finds its way into our lives so hopefully it will work out. We are starting to have doctor's appointments every 2 weeks now.

We have been really enjoying our prenatal classes. We have had 4 already and are learning a lot. Yesterday we had a tour of the hospital maternity ward. It was not exactly a place that made me feel warm and fuzzy - not very zen. It didn't help that it was a stormy night and the wind was really howling in the room! We will just have to bring a few suitcases of stuff to warm the place up a bit. The reality of having to deliver this baby is really hitting home. I am mostly feeling ok about it but I do have some moments of panic - no question.

Jon and I had a very relaxing weekend together on Pender Island. It was great to have some down time together after having a few really busy months. We watched lots of movies, went swimming in the outdoor heated pool and ate too much. I also had a fabulous spa package while Jon did some exploring on the island. He did a great painting of a wave scene from Tofino on our last day there. Here is a pic of us enjoying a little walking trail by a waterfall and one of Jon's photos of the island.













For those of you who don't know about the conference that I have been volunteering for through the Y, I mentioned that I would post some more info - you can check out the conference info and the news stories on the website www.LMConference.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment