Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sleepless in Victoria




It seems the stars area aligning to prevent Jon and I from sleeping, presumable to prepare us for baby G's arrival. Last night we managed a few good hours of sleep before the disturbances began. First it was too hot so we had to open the window, then of course I had to pee but couldn't manage to get to sleep again because I have developed 'whistle nose' so I keep myself awake all bloody night with the sound of my own breathing! I am considering a good pressure washing of the naval cavity before bed to see if this helps. The baby, not wanting to miss out on anything, also gets in on the action for a few someraults and jumping jacks before settling in, I have to admit though, I still don't really consider this a disturnance :). Oh and of course just after I was almost asleep again George started to hack up a furball. Yes George is a dog and shouldn't have anything to do with furballs but alas he does, usually at 4 am...

Jon is a real trooper - I have been so uncomfortable this week (also construbuting to the lack of sleep) that Jon has literally helped me out of bed and poured me into the bath tub each morning to ease my aching hips and back. Am I a lucky woman or what??

No comments:

Post a Comment