Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11, 2006

I am 5 months pregnant now and JUST starting this blog - better late than never I guess. Hopefully I will actually keep it up to date with fascinating facts on the little one growing away inside of me. Here goes...

Started panicking on the weekend about the fact that I only have 4 months to prepare, find someone to replace me at work and then I have to GIVE BIRTH!! I am growing away and having lots of fun still being in the smallish 2nd trimester. I fear that I will be huge in the end though! Our little girl is kicking away (for those of you who don't know yet - its a girl!), I think for sure she is going to be an athlete. She kicks for most of the day and evening and then settles down at night thankfully so I can sleep. Though last night Jon just happened to have his hand on my tummy in the middle of the night and she kicked him really hard! It was hilarious – he didn’t know if she was saying ‘hi’ or ‘stop disturbing my beauty sleep damn it!’

I think I am going to start measuring the depth of my belly button, I don’t recognize it anymore. It is so shallow – there certainly is no worry of lint collection, long gone is my pretty little inny. The ‘pop’ is expected with great anticipation - will keep you posted and will probably have to share a photo too.

We have started on the name shopping but nothing confirmed yet, I am taking the woman’s approach (obviously) of wanting to check out every possible name in the world and then we can narrow it down from there – after all this may be the only time that I name a girl, I want to get it right! Jon’s approach is like – “I like that one – let’s go for it! Deal?”

This is week 22 - check out these photos of little baby G from 3 weeks ago at our 19 week ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment