Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hi I'm Greta


Well, its been 3 weeks since I made my escape from the cramped conditions of mom's womb (even though I did make a fair amount of space for myself in there!).

Things on the outside are pretty cool but there is so much to take in! Apparently I have a mom, dad, big sister, dog and a whole lot of other people in my life. The mom seems to be the one I see the most. She feeds me the milk and gets up with me all night. She seems pretty relaxed about the sleep thing though, she keeps telling dad that she is tired but 'functioning tired' because apparently I am a pretty good sleeper. I was having sleep stretches of 7 hours or so but now 4 is the max. Mom still isn't complaining because I just eat and go back to sleep, generally, and I seemed to come out of mom knowing my days and nights which apparently is extrememly helpful. I like to be helpful.

I am over 9 pounds already and going through my first growth spurt. I love to eat but these days I love to eat more than usual, thankfully I am starting to figure out this whole nursing thing so I don't have to work so hard at it (and scream my little head off) and mom doesn't cringe every time I latch on for some food. I am also getting very long and have long feet and hands with toes and fingers to match!

They say I'm easy going, so far anyway. I like to be held a lot but I'm also cool with hanging out in my crib to watch the lights on my turtle and play with a black and white toy. Mom is actually getting showers and eating (though quickly) without too much trouble.

Everyone keeps saying they don't know who I look like. Not as easy to figure out as my big sister apparently. Speaking of her, she is great. I do get a little smothered in kisses and hugs which I enjoy and only sometimes find a little too much. She makes sure my music and lights are turned on to entertain me in my crib and she stands on her step stool next to me when I'm in there to read me books or sing to me. I bought her a princess dress and some sparkle shoes when I arrived - she loves them apparently. Rarely takes them off and plans to wear them for halloween. She talks about halloween a lot, and christmas and easter - the girl seems to like special occassions.  She started school this week and loves it, can't get rid of mom and I fast enough when we drop her off. She also took Dad camping last week - she loves smores.

I gotta say, I'm having a pretty good time on the outside. I love an opportunity to pee or poo when I have no diaper on - so liberating! - and I'm very bright eyed and nosy for several hours a day. I've also been spoiled my my family, friends and neighbours with so many well wishes, gifts and food for the family - which is nice seeing as my parents don't really feel the need to buy me much since I'm the second daughter around here. Call me the hand-me-down kid. Oh wait, I did get some of my own sleepers in size newborn which didn't exist in my sister's wardrobe but I've pretty much grown out of them already.

Here are some pics and videos.

Later, Greta

No comments:

Post a Comment